Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Herbs.....

For Christmas this past year, Dean gave me a large trough for my herbs. We haven't had the time to create my little herb garden so he thought this trough would be perfect to 'hold me over' until we got to it! Let me tell you, it is HUGE!


We filled it halfway with empty plastic bottles, then added some good gardening soil. I filled it with basil and so far, they are filling in nicely.


Our other herbs survived the winter and are happily filling out their pots...


and our tomatos and bell peppers are off to a good start too...


I've already harvested some of these fresh herbs...in fact, I had to cut the basil back one time already so it will fill out.

6 comments:

June (planetjune) said...

Mmm, they all look lovely. It's snowing again here (Ontario) today, and it looks like summer in your garden already!

ME... said...

What a nice container garden you have! What hardiness zone are you? It is just warming up here in Maryland - Zone 7. I just had some thyme and rosemary winter over.

CathyJean said...

ohhh!! lookin' beautiful!! I'm green with envy - your herbs are really doing great! Enjoy:)

mysteryhistorymom said...

Wow! What a beautiful garden, Val! We just had a hard freeze last night.:( I am ready for a bit warmer weather..

gin said...

good job. it's so nice to just walk out out on the patio and gather things for lunch or dinner!!

Jenny said...

wow! None of our stuff is even planted yet and yours already looks GREAT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...