Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nancy Drew

I participated in Lori's latest swap...a Nancy Drew Mystery Swap.
I was a huge Nancy Drew AND Hardy Boys fan when I was younger. Maybe that is why I still love a good mystery novel!

The idea behind the swap was to read a ND mystery and make a package around the theme of the book. I also wanted to take into consideration anything my partner was interested in.

Here is what I came up with for her:

I said a long lost paper of Nancy Drew's had been found in a box from the novel I just read. The paper was a tip list on entertaining. Apparently, Nancy loves to throw parties after a mystery has been solved!

I included the 'TIP' list that Nancy had misplaced during the "Case of the Crumbling Wall." It looks very old, indeed!



On the things in the list I wrote "Nancy says".....poking fun because Nancy says A LOT in her mysteries! For these wine charms, I used elements found in the book I read.



Amanda said she would love an apron....and I was happy to make her one! There isn't much Nancy Drew fabric online and the one I did find Amanda had already used to make something with.
So I opted do to an applique instead.
You can't tell from the photo, but the fabric is very cute, with different travel destinations all over it. Appropriate? YES!
The question mark is on a working pocket.....you never know what you might find in Nancy's pockets!





The rest of the loot:
I also included several strands of pearls because Nancy is always dressed appropriately. I'm sure anyone attending her party will need a strand to complete their outfit.
Cupcake liners, toppers and recipe. Lemon, of course...Nancy loves lemon.
A fun Nancy Drew recipe I found on youtube....go look it up...very funny. (from 30Rock)
A dish cloth Hannah might use (Nancy's housekeeper)
And some cocktail napkins Mr. Drew would approve of.




Now on to my goodies from Amanda...a couple guest towels, some twisted candles (the mystery she read was about twisted candles), a magazine and some totally ADORABLE owl fabric.....thanks Amanda!



6 comments:

NadineC said...

OMG! What a fabulous package you sent! I love the applique on the apron - you really put some thought into this swap, Val!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Fabulous, Val! I love your creativity! You are one master swapper, Sweets!:) Lori

Unknown said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Ruhammie said...

What a really fun swap to be in!! I would love to participate in more swaps...just a little busy with work and raising kids for now though.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

All the goodies were wonderful but the apron you made! WOWZERS!!!!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog...love what you came up with! Nancy Drew is one of my favorites, and you had a great idea with that apron!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...