Monday, March 22, 2010

March's challenge

Part of Year of Enchantment is to give everyone a challenge.
I adore these pincushions from Little House By The Sea.
I thought they would be the perfect challenge for the mushroom and toadstool ornament theme this month.

I'm not very good at embroidery...about the only thing I did well were the french knots! I still love them though.


I also made myself a couple mushroom ornaments.


and this one....I used one of my mushroom stamps to create a pattern on this little mushroom fairies nightgown.

Her little nightcap is really cute. I take awful pictures, I know....but you get the idea...

7 comments:

Holly Days Closet said...

I'm loving those mushroom they are too cute.
Holly

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, I love mushrooms for eating. The toadstools you made look so pretty and colorful. I've been looking for crochet patterns on line and found a cute mushroom potholder that I want to try.

Keep up the good work.
Have a nice day,
Doris :-)

nattyj said...

Love your creations! Also love your new look blogsite! Very fresh!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Love the new look of your bistro chairs. We have two balconies and they are always dusty and dirty. So hard to keep clean in the heat and dust of this country. Cute little ornaments. I don't embroider either -- but cross-stitch. Haven't done that in some time though. Need to get back into the swing of thing. Have a great day! :) Tammy

Very Mary said...

So my teeth are still killing me. Any kind of mushrooms for THAT?! mwahahaha!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your mushrooms came out adorable! I do love the nightcap on the mushroom fairy. Very cute! French knots are one of the hardest thing for some people to get a handle on so you are doing great :) I actually enjoy making French knots...

Sherry said...

Very cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...