Wednesday, February 2, 2011

going cold....

I love Starbucks salted caramel hot cocoa but they no longer use insulated cups, at least not locally.

There is nothing quite like a $4.00 hot cocoa going cold before you take the first sip, especially when you only work 5 minutes away.
Yep, nothing says treat turn off like cold "hot" cocoa!

Which is why I made this little cozy.

I made it to keep things hot, not to keep my hands cool...so it is not a wrap.
It slips totally on the cup, including the bottom. I didn't want ANY heat escaping!
I even thought (briefly) about making it with a lid but decided fuzz in my cocoa wasn't that appealing.


I used wool yarn and just created a cozy around an empty cup I had. The little green stopper helps a lot too.

So, if you are crochet crafty and want to create one of these little guys, it is super easy to do.
I didn't write down the pattern but there are a TON of them online. The only thing I did is to keep an old cup to test it by. You want it to fit snugly.

6 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Cold hot cocoa is never fun. Great idea!

NadineC said...

Ohhh, that's so very cute! And practical! Great job, Val :-)

Kerry said...

Oh, I like that idea - I think it may just be the perfect project to keep the cabin fever at bay!!!!
And the big bonus - no more cold cinnamon dolce latte ...yay!!!!

Zoƫ said...

Super cute. I love me some Starbucks!

Fran. said...

Now that's pretty cool! You are just so talented! Evrytime I check on you, you've rocked out some amazing things!! Hope you are keeping warm and cozy! Oh what a winter it's been!! Take care, XO Fran.

Unknown said...

pretty darn cute....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...