Thursday, August 4, 2011

busy busy...

While Dean and Matt were at WOC this past weekend, Kaela and I stayed home.
I think he was worried I would be bored......


But first....a fun photo....
while I packed for Dean, Suki thought she'd tag along...


saying goodbye....


I got some crafting done.....
My sister Page and SIL Jane both wanted a plastic bag holder thingy I make.



so I made them one...


and I made a catnip mouse for someone in Mobile...


then I finally got to can something.
Kerry sent me a little canning kit (thanks again Kerry!) but then I couldn't find rhubarb for Dean.


Lucky for me, my neighbor had some pears she doesn't eat so she let me pick some. I got just enough to try out my dad's recipe...they went from this:



to this in about 3 hours. They are wonderful over ice cream.....and biscuits and pancakes!


Then,
our friends from Fort Worth came through to stay the night on their way to Destin.
Kaela helped me clean house and make potato leek soup and home made bread. We enjoyed our company so much I forgot to get the camera :-(


Saturday, they took off for Destin so Kaela and I went shopping.

Kaela loves to go to the mall and shop. I HATE it.....probably because I worked retail for over 20 years. I really really hate shopping now...
but I saved up a bunch of errands just for us to do together.

Kaela was thrilled with all the running and going...... we got some fur baby supplies, we looked for school clothes (which we couldn't find...) and bought some new shoes.
Then we ate lunch and got a birthday present for a friend.
Then we drove to Mandeville to get the school clothes we couldn't find in Slidell.
Happily, we found them first thing...so we grabbed them and were outta there!

Even Kaela was exhausted by then so we just picked up salads for dinner and went home.


Before bed we watched one of our favorite movies.....


Girl time is fun....but tiring!

7 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a fun and productive weekend! What is WOC? You know, I have never seen that movie?! I need to watch it now!:) Lori

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Anyone with hobbies can never be bored. You accomplished a lot and got to spend quality time with Kaela so that's a good thing. The pear preserves look great. I just made a blackberry apple crisp and my oldest is walking to the store for vanilla ice cream right now. :) Hope your day is great. Tammy

Karen said...

Hi Val! I wanted to let you know that you make my day and you have been awarded the Happy 101 Blog Award :) You can check it out here:

http://sewmuch2luv.blogspot.com/2011/08/happy-101-blog-award.html

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love the Iron Giant. We haven't seen it in awhile. We love family movie night so I might have to pull it up on Netflix for us to watch.

My Daughter and I love girl night. It's much easier to get errands run without the boys around for us.

Our Mall is big but boring. When the economy took a dive most of the fun shops closed up and the customers left the area.

I'm so happy to have school clothes shopping done. A 12 year old boy is almost as difficult to take clothes shopping as a teenage girl sometimes. School starts on Monday here and the only thing left is a haircut and open house. Then Momma can relax :)

Barb said...

Love that movie. I know we have it ~ just not unpacked yet!
Looks like a great weekend. We still need to do the whole school shopping thing but it'll have to wait just a little bit ~ it's all craziness at our house for now... but good craziness!

Crazy Amy said...

I just got a canning kit! I am so excited to give it a try.

jillytacy said...

Sounds like you were way to busy to be bored! Girl's days are lots of fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...