Friday, September 16, 2011

September's ornament

I have been down and out with bronchitis for the last 8 days. I swear I thought I would break every single rib with all the coughing. Yesterday I came home and FINALLY felt better. Instead of cleaning house (which it desperately needs,) I decided to make my September ornament for YOE.

I was tempted to do another acorn ornament but have always loved milkweed seed pods. I think they are so beautiful.

the 'seeds' are actually stems cut off some whole cloves...the ornie is cute AND smells good!
BTW, I was inspired by Green mama's ornament but decided I had to do something with an acorn, so made a little acorn fairy and tucked in nice and cozy.

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I feel just fine and still don't want to clean house. Haven't been feeling creative either since school started 2 weeks ago. :/ Your ornament is sweet. Hope you feel better and have a great weekend. Tammy

Little Messy Missy said...

That is beautiful!! I am glad you are mending!
xoxoxox

Laura said...

You are Sooo creative & this little Ornie is Darling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...