Saturday, October 8, 2011

Spookify Me Saturday

This week for ironcraft, we were supposed to do something crafty with bottles or jars. I decided to do something that I could use for October's Spookify Me Saturday posts.

I found a neat bottle and added the spooky label (from Dollar Tree) and then Dean and I took turns burning candles all over it.


Why did we do that?

Because all we could find were drip less candles. I eventually went to a local party store to find Halloween candles that actually drip.

Here it is on the mantel with some other decorations

adds just the right touch of spooky to the mantel.

4 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Val
That does look very spooky :0
Great idea.
Lindsay
x

Kerry said...

I love it!!! Looks like it comes from a dark, spooky castle somewhere:-)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks great! I remember when my mom used chianti bottles as centerpieces with the white candles that drip -- it was all the rage at that time. Hope your weekend is wonderful. Tammy

jillytacy said...

It turned out great! Definitely a spooky addition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...