Tuesday, July 3, 2012

crocheted cat beds

Each summer, I make dog and cat beds to take to the shelter.

I never know how many I am going to make, it just depends on how busy I am and if I have supplies.
Last year, I made these beds because someone sent me a box of fabric remnants.
This year, my neighbor, who is an animal lover, gave me a giant box of yarn.

I've got a long way to go but so far have a few beds done...


and they are Leo approved...


Here is how I make them:

Size "Q" hook
3 skeins of washable acrylic yarn

Take the 3 skeins of yarn and hold strands together. (This makes a nice thick pad for kitty to relax on.)

Chain 36, turn
Row 1:Half Double crochet in the 2nd chain from the hook and in each chain across. You'll have 35 half double crochet stitches
* Continue Row 1 until the bed is wide enough to accommodate your kitty.
Finish off, weave in ends.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

hey! I'm doing a link party now and I think this is such a cute idea. Can you link up to the party? And any other of your fun toy drops? http://www.addhousewife.com/2012/08/pin-inspiration-party-81.html

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

What a great idea! I know my kitty, Camille would love it. Visiting from ArtsyGirl. Would love it if you share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-8.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...