Monday, April 8, 2013

Pinteresting Toadstool Wreath

I found this cute wreath on pinterest and decided  to make one for myself.   I mean, polka dotted toadstools and moss....what's not to love?




If you want to make your own, here is the link to the tutorial.   The one thing I would suggest is that you look CLOSELY at the moss you buy.  Elizabeth's wreath has no seams....her moss must have come in large sheets.  The moss I used was broken up and the few large pieces tore easily so I had to piece it together

I want to leave it outside for at least 2 months so I did make a few changes:
Even though we have a large porch, my front door takes a lot of abuse from the elements.  I didn't think the fabric or card-stock would hold up so I made my toadstools out of polymer clay.  Each had about 2" of coat hanger sticking out the bottom to secure the toadstools to the form.  





Even though I love mine, I wish my moss wasn't pieced together.  If I do another one, I'll be SURE to check the moss before buying it.  Other than that, I'd call this a success.

7 comments:

Kerry said...

You know me so well ...... I HAVE to have one !!! Hello Hobby Lobby, here I come :-)
I wonder where you buy sheets of moss?

val said...

Hobby Lobby has them in the wedding section

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Well, I've never seen moss grow perfectly so why should it be so on a wreath? I think you did a fabulous job! Especially with the clay toadstools. Your creativity endeavors are always successful. Have a great week. Tammy

kathyinozarks said...

what a sweet lidea

Please Note said...

Hi Val! I did use sheet moss actually. You can see a photo of the product I purchased here in a different tutorial I did for the Skunkboy Creatures blog...

http://www.skunkboyblog.com/2012/02/diy-faux-terrariums-from-please-note.html?m=1

Thanks so much for featuring my wreath. Yours turned out just beautiful!! :)

A Little Creation said...

Your wreath looks great! You need to add a little snail.
Chris =]

Jennifer said...

that is super cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...