Monday, May 27, 2013

a walk about

Dean loves to take walks at night.    I don't like walking at night....just too creepy to go walking at 10 or 11 pm for an hour. But  the other day he decided to walk in the morning so I went with him.  I say a walk but it was more like a hike!  He likes to go fast for a little over 4 miles while I like to meander and chat!  I went with him but brought my phone and took a few photos along the way.......

These flowers are a few houses down from us.  The man who lives there has a large yard with an amazing veggie garden.  He always has plenty to share and is the nicest man.  I made him a mosaic last year as a thank you for his generosity...



these little wild things brightened up the walk once we left the neighborhood.....


I love toadstools and this one looks charming, tucked away.


In case you don't know, this is a crawfish hole.  I wonder if anyone is home....?



Crawfish are everywhere here....and their holes pop up a lot right after rain storms.  Sometimes you will see them scurrying back home.  Once they spot you, they put up their little claws and try to look tough.   I think they know they are on the dinner menu in these parts.

I saw several turtles on the edge of a pond but they hit the water before I could snap any photos of them.  Overall it was a lovely walk and warmed us up for a bit of yard work once we got home.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Quite the nature walk. I don't walk at night either unless I am with someone else.

The flowers are lovely. I like to walk around my neighborhood and take photos of everyone's gardens since I don't have one of my own at the condo. :(

Kerry said...

Nightime walks scare me too !!!!
I never knew that crawfish holes look like that ... dinner at your doorstep:-)
I love your toadstool pic - looks like it comes straight out of an enchanted fairytale:-)

Unknown said...

Wow! I never knew crawfish lived like that. I am blown away. Here we call them crawdads and they look the same but they live in rocky streams and creeks. I love to eat them....yum. so do the holes lead to water or how does that work?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...