Monday, May 20, 2013

stash bustin' bird wreath

I've had one skein of spring green chenille yarn sitting in my stash for years.  It was given to me in a swap but was too small to do anything with....until now.

It was the perfect backdrop for my little summer bird wreath.  



and the little bird seems right at home tucked in amongst the sunflowers.....



I felt it needed "more" and kept trying to add new elements.  But in the end, I decided to leave it alone because it looked sweet just the way it was.

9 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Gorgeous, Val! I absolutely love it!! Lori

Kerry said...

The perfect project for that yarn - I love the color ...... very summery.
Such a pretty wreath - I think it's perfect just the way it is :-)

Ana BC said...

Great idea for stash-busting! Coincidentally, I just finished lining a tall tin with yarn too...and I love the result :-) Your project looks so lovely for spring

Zoë said...

I love it no need for anything else.

linda said...

It's lovely what a great idea, so bright and cheerful, don't forget to link it up :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That chenille yarns is a great cover for your sweet wreath. Best wishes, Tammy

A Little Creation said...

Perfect!
Chris =]

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Your Summer Reef is very pretty. I love sunflowers and birds, Perfect. Hugs Judy

Edda Soffía said...

That is so pretty, perfect for that color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...