Monday, December 23, 2013

The Birds of Christmas

When I decided to accept Dean's challenge this year I didn't anticipate all the things that would require my attention.    Most of all, I didn't expect to lose my dad.    He taught me to love nature and to be gentle with God's world and all that was in it.  Yes, daddy...even spiders.

He passed on to me a love of art and craftsmanship and what he called "handiwork."   He did big stuff like curio cabinets and built in bars with stained glass doors. Maybe one day, I'll try something big too, but for now I am content with small stuff.  

Like these ornaments:









and the tree they reside in....



I chose a bird theme long before daddy passed away.  I can't help but wonder if God planted that idea knowing what the year would bring.  
This tree seems very befitting of my father's love of birds.......He would have loved our tree.  Not only because it is covered with birds, but because so many are handmade.  
I love you daddy, Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Your tree is beautiful Val. I'm in no doubt that your Daddy is looking down on it from Heaven, and smiling.
Enjoy this time with your sweet family.
Lots of love

Little Messy Missy said...

Merry Christmas. Sorry again for your loss. Sending love. xoxoxo

jillytacy said...

This is a beautiful post! The tree is beautiful too! Merry Christmas!

gin said...

beautiful tree! Merry Christmas!

A Little Creation said...

What a beautiful way to remember your Dad.
Chris =]

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

D said...

This certainly would have made Russ smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...