Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Grousing Gunter...

Gunter has been cranky.   This cold weather ran the fairies off and he misses them terribly.   They've been gone since the beginning of January.  To make matters worse, their little house was in need of repair.  I had some serious work planned this spring.  
But. 
But I forgot to bring their house into the garage during the ice storm. and it froze...and since it had rained, it split too....and some of the tile came off.  Poor little house. It was only 4 years old.  It used to be so lovely too....



So, to make Gunter happy, we have started on a NEW fairy house!  I've already primed it with sealant so putting it together will be a nice break from crochet.  
( In case my sister's are viewing this...yes, those are CHRISTMAS gifts on the buffet in the background.  I'll get to Florida eventually!)


The front is taking shape...this time I added a blue bell that fell off Leo's collar.  The front portico is from a lovely wedgewood piece that broke so I kept it.  The kids say I'm a hoarder....but in reality, I'm just keeping bits of this and that in order to be prepared....


if you look closely, you can see the shell "awning" over the back window.  


I can go ahead and grout sometime this week, then complete the roof.  And although the cold weather is still with us, I've promised Gunter that once their house is finished, it will go outside to welcome them home.


2 comments:

Kerry said...

Those fairies will be running home !!!
What a cute little fairy house .... Love it :-)

jillytacy said...

Poor Gunter, now that the house is underway the fairies won't be far away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...