Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A day in NOLA

We decided to go into NOLA for a little day trip.    We hadn't been in quite a while and wanted to see the new Mayan exhibit (sadly, it was a little ho-hum.)

I made a frog bean bag to drop at the Aquarium....haven't done one in a long time...we dropped it in the frog exhibit...




I don't think the Gar was supposed to catch the Spoonbill!



I love the seahorse exhibit

this guy was in a tank full of brooding males.  They were ALL hiding so getting a photo was difficult.  Just look how big his belly is!  



Love these guys...



As always, the turtles steal my heart....this is a juvenile.  There is a big chunk of shell missing from the back of his shell so he may be here permanently.





They had another turtle tub toy in the gift shop so I added it to my collection.



a few photos of the family that WEREN'T blurry!







After the aquarium, we headed to the River walk's grand re-opening and then on to Superior for an early dinner. It was a great day, full of smiles!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds as though you had a wonderful day :-) I love all your pictures.

Kerry said...

Awesome Family Day ..... Love it :-)

gilly said...

Lovely pics and sounds like a fabulous day out. I remember the Riverwalk - there was a place there that sold the most delicious fudge and they used to sing "Isn't fudge lovely.." to the tune of Stevie Wonder's "Isn't she lovely"! Hope they're still there?
Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...