Monday, June 30, 2014

back door neighbors....

We had a new family move in behind us this Spring.    The speak no English.....but we have something in common.  Gardening

They turned their entire back yard into a veggie garden.    One day I stood on a stool and handed them an aloe plant.  Ours had gotten so huge that we broke off all the babies and had to give 11 of them away!      That was how I discovered they didn't speak English....no matter.  They understood and were happy to take the aloe baby home.

Last week when I was weeding a young man poked his head over the fence and said his parents want me to have this:



okay....this is seriously the largest zucchini I've ever seen. 



I was thrilled of course and asked him to wait a moment.  I gave him a couple jars of blueberry jam in return.  He was very excited about it.   I love good neighbors....

As for that giant zucchini?  Dean loves it so Jill gave me a couple recipes to try.

Zucchini bread....one for us...both are tasty!


and one for a friend who just had twins...


And zucchini sweet relish...equally yummy!


Jill, thanks for the recipes, Dean is one happy man!  

3 comments:

Kerry said...

There's definately no substitute for great neighbors ..... Sounds like yours are a gem :-)
That zucchini was huge .....

A Little Creation said...

Yum! My neighbor and I trade my lemons for her oranges.
Chris =]

jillytacy said...

Good neighbors are a good things. I'm glad you tried the recipes, they're family favorites around here. I still haven't made mine yet, maybe tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...