Friday, September 19, 2014

Cross country....

Someone has joined cross country.    She ran in her first race last week, with a bum knee.  3 miles on a super hot, grossly muggy day.  Would'a killed me.  

I was so excited that when she went across the finish line, I forgot to take a photo.  

Her goal was simple.  To finish the race and not be last, and she made both.  I am very proud of her.  More importantly, she is proud of herself.






Check this out, I am so proud of our school...I saw SO many schools taking part in prayers before they raced.  Made me happy to see that some things are still sacred.......




It was a really hot, muggy day, with rain off and on.  Not a nice cooling rain.  Oh no, it was the kind of hot rain that made mosquitoes jump for joy.  And once the rain let up, there were lots of mud puddles to traverse, lots of slippery ground.  

Through it all, the teams were out rooting for their own.



Tomorrow is the second race of the season and the weather is supposed to be a bit better.  I sure hope so.

3 comments:

jillytacy said...

Congratulations Kaela on completing your first race. Way to go!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Go Kaela! My teenage neighbor in Slidell used to come from across the street and ask me to jog with her. This would be after I had come home from work in New Orleans and had already had a couple of beers. HA! Somehow I made it -- but then again, I was still in my 20s at the time. Definitely couldn't do it now. :) Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Kerry said...

Awesome Kaela .... Good luck for tomorrow's race ��

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...