Saturday, June 13, 2015

summer eatin'

Funny how when summer hits, I start cooking more.  I'm good about cooking year 'round but having some time off sure does allow me to relax and enjoy it more.  I have more time to think about what I want to make...


Dean made his famous trout almondine one night.  It was perfect.  I was allowed to do the side dishes but he shoo-ed me out of the kitchen when he started the fish!



 Smothered beef burritos...a modified pinterest recipe



Curried Chicken salad



My dad's "snapper in a paper bag"

White chocolate macadamia nut cheesecake with caramel drizzle...



 Sliders...I've been making them this way since 5th grade!



Shrimp and pasta a modified pinterest recipe...



Cinnamon rolls...



No food beats a home cooked meal.  Hands down.  
Does it take time?  Yep.  
Is it worth it?  Absolutely!

1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I enjoy that aspect of being home, too, though I've been pretty busy since the summer holiday Saturday. This coming Wednesday will be the first day without plans or someplace to go. Perhaps I should use that day to clean. Bleh! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...